Cardigan Round Up
Spring has sprung and that means it’s time to break out of those winter coats and embrace the warmer weather. Time to enjoy being outside and wearing your light layers. Since spring is a pleasant yet unpredictable season, it’s always good to have a cardigan with you. You will be prepared to face any bout of slightly chilly weather that is still headed your way. Below, we have rounded up some of our favorite types of cardigans.
Basic Black. Every girl needs a black cardigan as part of her wardrobe. This is a basic piece that can be worn to the office, out to dinner, really any where you might need some additional coverage. A black sweater works no matter your preferred style. Here are two great options:
- Option 1 is the Jackie cardigan from J.Crew. Love this cardi for it’s classic look and durability. Cotton is also a breathable fabric so you don’t have to worry about being too warm and sweating. Sure the $65 price tag may be a bit steep but one black cardigan should last you for years to come. This option is a wardrobe investment that will pay off again and again every time you wear it.
- Option 2 is the Hi-Lo cotton cardigan from Ann Taylor. The shorter in the front, longer in the back cut gives this cardigan a fresh feel.
A pop of color. Readers of the blog will know that I am a fan of incorporating color into your outfit. A colorful cardi can add that wow factor to a neutral look and will really make you stand out in a crowd. Here are two great options:
- Option 1 is the three quarter sleeve cardigan from Nordstrom. The sleeve length looks great with a pair of jeans and a tee or you can pair it with black pants or pencil skirt for an office appropriate look.
- Option 2 is the Open Layer Cocoon cardigan from Target. This sweater is cute, casual, and will add a bit of fun to your weekend looks. The turquoise green color has us thinking about the beach!
The long cardigan. This is my favorite type of sweater for evenings spent a home on the sofa or lounging in the hammock. Instant coziness. Here are two great options:
- Option 1 is the Geo-Patterned cardigan from Forever 21. The contrasting colors and fun print make this a great addition to your closet.
- Option 2 is the Podcast of Characters cardigan from Modcloth. Get ready to relax ’cause that’s all you will be able to do after you throw this cozy knit on!
Do you have a favorite cardigan? Are we missing an essential? Let us know in the comments!